[plug] Temporary directorys

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Thu Jul 18 23:25:52 WST 2002

>On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 00:58, Craig Dyke wrote:
>Just a request, but can you please try not to send HTML mail to the
>list? HTML mail, especially that produced my MS Outlook Express (I note
>you are using version 6) has a habit of using small and unreadable
>fonts. Although your message is using multipart MIME to send a text
>part, some people's mail clients can't read the format.
>For courtesy reasons please try to send text-only mail where possible.
>Especially to mailing lists.
>Regards
>--proXy

Dear proxy,

I actually agree with not sending HTML, but your own mail is sent in two
parts using MIME enconding:

protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="=-

The text part:
>--=-kxoSREFrd0QZmD1a7ZHB

.. and the sig.
>--=-kxoSREFrd0QZmD1a7ZHB

So using your client (Ximian Evolution 1.1.0.99 (Preview Release)) makes two
attached files instead of an inline message in some other clients (like
MS-OE).

Just thought I'd let you know since it is more annoying to have to open
attachments (especially since you can't quote the reply) than change
on-screen formatting which can often be done with a single mouse click on a
toolbar.

Signing messages is great when you have to technically identify who you are
or the information contained within is imporntant enough to be sure it is
transmitted without alteration, but since it makes quoting a nightmare and
reading more difficult on a public list such as this one, most often I
simply don't read your posts because they're too annoying to open. I suspect
(but not sure) that if you didn't sign the messages then it wouldn't be
encoded separately.

- Brian.