[plug] problems with woody upgrade

Grahame Bowland grahame at azale.net
Wed Jul 24 16:41:39 WST 2002

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 16:20, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
> I upgraded to woody at the workshop and had to stop the configuring of the
> packages as it was taking too long. when i got up yesterday morning I
> finished configuring them with the 'dpkg --configure -a' command as when i
> tried to run 'apt-get dist-upgrade' thats what it told me to do. when I ran
> the 'apt-get dist-upgrade' after configuring the packages it wanted to
> download over 180 packages with about 130MB, why is this? and does that
> mean it isn't upgraded? I was runing potato.
> Also my login prompt still says its debian 2.2 and Linux logo still says
> its kernel 2.2.19pre17
> does this mean the kernel didn't upgrade?

Try apt-get -u dist-upgrade to see exactly which packages it needs to upgrade.
Doesn't look you actually made it to woody though.

Were you trying to do the install of an NFS mount or something? It won't have
downloaded a local cache of the packages then; if you're at a workshop you'll
want to use FTP so you can get at the packages in /var/cache/apt/archives
from home.

--
Grahame Bowland       /  `Do you want a pregnant brown chilean
<grahame at azale.net>  /  Alpaca?' - Avril