[plug] Newbie - ADSL -

Mark Bailey mbailey at arach.net.au
Wed Jul 24 22:55:10 WST 2002

Hello.

I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out the following.

I have recently changed my ISP.
My previous ISP provided my ADSL service using a Bridged connection.
My new ISP provides their ADSL connection using PPP0E.

My problem is this.
I need to dial into my Linux Box (Debian) on occasions to collect email
etc
when I am out of town.

I had this set up and working perfectly with the Bridged connection as
it did not tie up PPP0 and which was then available for the dial-in
modem.

However, since changing to the PPP0E (RoaringPenguin) arrangement I
cannot
work out how to get a successful dial-in PPP connection. I can dial in
from
a terminal window but not PPP presumably because the dial-in wants to
use
PPP0 and it is already taken by the ADSL modem. (is this correct?)

I have scoured so many HOWTO's trying to solve this....
DSL HowTo, Linux Dialin Server Setup Guide PPP HowTo..etc.

Any suggestions or pointers of where to look would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark Bailey
Perth, Western Australia

The sex was so good that even the neighbors had a cigarette.