[plug] Fax & Voicemail Random Thought...

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Jul 25 12:25:27 WST 2002

On Thursday 25 July 2002 11:53, Bret Busby wrote:

> So, what I suggest that you need to consider, is the reason for what you
> want to do. If you just want to do it, for the fun of experimenting with
> Linux and its applications, then, what you want to do (provided you use a

Both the fun/challenge of it, and as a practical service for the Home Office,
although mostly for Home reasons, since the side-business doesn't get a HUGE
amount of work. The plan would be, once our 'burb FINALLY gets ADSL, to turn
the current Linux/Modem gateway into an answering service, which could
preferrably handle Faxes for the rare occasion we get them too.

It'd also be nice to, while out, get home voice messages via the web, or heck,
route the call via VOIP to work. -_^

If the power's out, then it's not like we'll be busily on the computers when
the phone rings. People can then ring our Mobile if they're desperate and
we're out. Power down-time we can survive with.

> Of course, if you live in one of the suburbs in which the higher state
> MP's live, such as Nedlands, which has underground (and, probably,
> otherwise guaranteed stable) power, you might not need to worry about such
> considerations...

Actually, we have underground power AND regular power outages lately. ^_^;;

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |