[plug] Fax & Voicemail Random Thought...

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Jul 26 15:18:06 WST 2002

Trevor Phillips wrote:
 I don't know how accurate this is, but I HAVE witnessed before powering down a
> machine that had been running for years, where powering up had the HDD fail.
> In fact, we powered the machine down to connect a Tape Drive so we could
> properly back up the content of the HDD which didn't power back up. ;_;

I had this with two compaq machines that had been running full time for 8
years. In both machines, on powerdown the head returned to the park position
and stuck there. I tool the lids off, gave the head a flick with my finger,
read the contents off the drives onto another machine and binned them.
100% data recovery.

--
Brad....
                   /"\