[plug] Telnet and woody and macs

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jul 28 08:21:42 WST 2002

hi, I've cured not having a 2.4 kernel and not having it boot up with
Debian 3.0 written on it my doing a clean install. on my previous
potato/woody install (i don't know what it was at the time, it was an
updated potato?) I had a telnet server/deamon running so i could telnet in
from a mac that was on the network. I had it set to automatically telnet in
when the mac was booted. The problems are listed below:
1. Login timed out after 60s if i didn't login
2. I couldn't ssh the connection (am using niftytelnet on the mac)
Any help would be great, the mac is running OS 7.?.?
Also is it possible to not have to type in the IP and be able to type in
the computer name? the mac is using TCP/IP
Thanks
Tim

LinuxAlien
Riverton, Perth, WA