[plug] Watching DVD's under Linux

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 4 00:26:52 WST 2002

>Everything I've heard indicates that while the developers behind this
>project are decidedly unpleasant and arrogant pricks, they're smart enough
>to justify at least some of their arrogance - and they've produced a very
>capable bit of software. They're not as smart as they think they are, of
>course, but that's a common problem with alpha geeks. :)

They are knobs, you can't ask them questions directly, but have to subscribe
to a mailing list, I'm already on enough of them thank you! Maybe a forum or
something? Gawd! An IRC channel would be good too! Anyway, I find Xine to be
too crashy for my tastes, if you start fiddling with things it gets killed.
Mplayer is much more stable, albeit slower, due to the Mhz involved (500 and
on), but it's not very crashy and you can tweak it to your heart's content.
I'm not really a big fan of Xine, sorry (I tried to like it, but it just
didn't like me!).