[plug] debian dpkg error: invalid mode in statusoverride file

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jun 17 03:17:01 WST 2002

> I did a search, in Google Groups using " invalid mode in statusoverride
> file: for the search field.  I got this answer from a post by Colin Watson
> [cjw44 at flatline.org.uk].
Hmm. Whoops. Tried searching on the _full_ error message but didn't try
any substrings. Darn. Fixed it myself after a quick "damnn im and idiot"
moment anyway - "locate statusoverride", found a new and old one in
/var/lib/dpkg and moved from old to new.
Also forgot Google Groups - I only recently ran into it actually. Very cool.

Sorry to bother y'all.