[plug] adsl trouble

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jun 17 03:22:58 WST 2002

> [root at Main700 rbb]# route -n
<snip>

> There is only one wire from the router to the box, eth1 at the moment. I
> did try using eth0 when I discovered eth1 having problems. The only
> reason I didn't take it out is because I wanted to route traffic to
> another box from this one via eth0.

Its bizarre, that config _looks_ fine. Have you checked if anything
changes in the route -n and ifconfig -a command output when you've lost
connectivity? Were those taken when the 'net access was working?

Honestly if that's an example of status when its non-working, you've got
me stumped. I'd suggest swapping the functions of eth1 and eth0 (perhaps
its a hardware/driver interaction with the NIC?) to see if that works
better.