[plug] MS losing the plot...

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 1 11:01:35 WST 2002

Not a problem, you advertise and sell two systems, full price for each,
not an option price.  Same spec for each except for OS.

eg
hardware spec A, linux $x.xx
hardware spec A, micro$oft $gouge
hardware spec A, bsd etc etc

I read the wording to make sure that the vendor installs the OS as
designed by M$, and doesnt decide to replace ie with netscape and that
type of caper which I think is within their rights.  You have to
configure the system within the licence parameters.  I also dont see
where it prevents dual boot installs or adding things like netscape,
just dont change any of the MS stuff.

To make it clearer, if part of a M$ install includes IIS as part of the
OEM install, and you want to remove it, give the customer a discount and
install apache, you cant.  You can add apache on top, but not remove and
replace.

My interpretation,
BillK