[plug] Linux beats Windows in cost study

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon May 6 17:20:48 WST 2002

Please accept my apologies for replying to my own post.

This same article was posted to a schoolie list by someone else, and what
they have filtered out the article, is how many IT professionals that you
need to support 250 computers in a school, and that Linux professionals get
paid more.

Salaries always form a large component of the budget, but I'm a little
puzzled. I know that at my Mam's school it is a contractor that is assigned
to so many schools and she has to wait for him to come in on his day of the
week to her school. That is, there are no IT staff as such.

All the best
Jacqueline