[plug] ISP

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Thu May 9 20:25:46 WST 2002

Rob Davies wrote:

> Next silly question ISDN v ADSL in cost factor, service, speed etc.. mainly
> looking at static ip as ADSL in this format I have found to be pricey and
> informed can be unreliable.

Yes I agree, ISDN is the better choice for a solid link, uptime is
typically measured in weeks.  Of course the speed is less but that
stops you from incurring too many volume charges. :-)  iiNet are
dropping static IP on their accounts but most smaller players still do
and will offer this.