[plug] OT ADSL Price & Service- compare Westnet / Eftel / Arachnet/others?

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun May 12 09:23:34 WST 2002

At 06:47 PM 05/11/2002, you wrote:
>Or from
>http://www.westnet.com.au/support/faq/showquestion.asp?faq=14&fldAuto=103
>
>"Please note: While the WestNet Technical Support Team will endeavour to
>assist WestNet members with any internet based issue, we are unfortunately
>unable to offer technical support for LINUX based systems."
>
>Does anyone from WestNet have an insider's POV, or is this the standard
>disclaimer? (to cover when the two linux gurus have to sleep sometime)
>
>Just wondering before I call on Monday....

<Jacqueline dons Computer Angels hat>

I would be very interested in the outcome of your call.

Many recipients of computers from Computer Angels do not connect to the
Internet because of costs, but those that do, often find an ISP based on
price only. So far, I have only made a half -hearted attempt to make a list
of ISPs wrt Linux - 1. support Linux, 2. mention Linux, or 3. do not
mention Linux.

It is frustrating having to cut through the, "Click on Start, Settings,
Control Panel ..." or if that does not work, restart your computer :(

I find it puzzling that few ISPs offer support to new Linux users, yet the
backbone of most successful ISPs is Linux or a UNIX variant. Just think of
the awareness and advocacy for Linux, if ISPs were to include Linux in
their system requirements and support pages, and display Linux on other
popular pages instead of just Windows and MAC.

All the best
Jacqueline
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)