[plug] Setting up Mandrake 8.1 on a PC

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat May 18 00:17:27 WST 2002

Hello Paul,

At 07:29 PM 17-05-2002 +0800, you wrote:

>I am going to install Mandrake 8.1 onto my home computer into its own
>partition and make the computer dual boot between Mandrake and Windows 98se.

I was in the same situation as you a couple of months ago - I needed Linux
at home so I could do my Uni work at home - without having to spend hours on
end in the labs at Uni trying to learn Unix related stuff.

At Uni we have access to an online forum - I have extracted some of my posts
to this forum (see attachment),
I am not a Linux expert, so you may get better information elsewhere, if
somebody tells that my advice is wrong , please let me know so that I can
correct my thinking (I am still learning too !).

I hope you get some benefit from what I have sent you - it all worked for me
with Redhat 7.0 - and I am about to got to Redhat 7.3.

Good luck and let me know how you fared.