[plug] Adobe acrobat can't display fonts or icons

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon May 20 01:40:20 WST 2002

> I have just installed adobe acrobat 5.05 and when I open it from my evryday
Where did you get that? I'm still running 4.x and hadn't heard of an
acrobat 5 release for linux. I'd really like to get hold of it.

Are you running it under wine or something?

> know of another way of reading passworded pdf's?
Does this only happen with encrypted PDFs? I'm not too sure what you're
asking from your post.

Try running acroread in a terminal and see if it has any output. If that
fails you can try running
	strace acroread <file> 2>/tmp/acro-trace
and then reading the trace. It will be very long, look for errors.
grep is your friend. Acroread may take much longer to start, too.

I need a little more info to be able to give you any useful comments.