[plug] routing - prolly [OT]

Peter J. Nicol peternicol at vrl.com.au
Tue May 21 22:28:03 WST 2002

>  I have a three machine network with a win2000 as my ics gateway and two
>  others running linux.  The linux boxes are set to 192.168.0.1,
>  192.168.0.2,
>  and the win2000 is 192.168.0.3
>  I run ics on the win2000.
>  If what you say is true, why would I not see ip conflict
>  message, about two
>  machines on 192.168.0.1, everytime ics gets turned on?  I don't get them
>  now.

ok ...

I dunno, but this is my definite experience with ics.  There may be ways
around it I don't know.  I have definitely seen the ip revert.

In any case, this was a reply to the thing about 192.168.0.1 being possibly
needed.

btw, is that 2k server or professional?

I have seen this behaviour in XP professional and 98, but have not tested it
on 2k.