[plug] routing - prolly [OT]

Richard wpickett at iprimus.com.au
Wed May 22 02:15:49 WST 2002

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 10:15 pm, Steege, Phil E wrote:
> I have a three machine network with a win2000 as my ics gateway and two
> others running linux.  The linux boxes are set to 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2,
> and the win2000 is 192.168.0.3
> I run ics on the win2000.
> If what you say is true, why would I not see ip conflict message, about two
> machines on 192.168.0.1, everytime ics gets turned on?  I don't get them
> now.

It may not be the problem, but I had the same experiences with an ME box. My
Linux card was set to 192.168.0.1 and when I tried to route it through the ME
box using ics we got the complaint that there was an ip conflict, the ME box
was trying to use the same ip, even though it had been statically set to
something else.