[plug] SA Uni Fun

Justin justin at inwa.com.au
Thu May 23 10:21:07 WST 2002

Looks kind of cool ;)

http://wearables.unisa.edu.au/projects.php

ARQuake
Augmented Reality Quake (ARQuake) is an extension of the desktop game
Quake, and as such we are investigating how to convert a desktop first
persion application into an outdoor/indoor mobile augmented reality
application. The ARQuake game has been ported to our wearable computer
platform and operates with GPS and digital compass as a means of tracking.
The keyboard and mouse interaction with the game has been completely
replaced with use movements and a functional toy gun (with recoil and sound
effects).