[plug] using apt-get to check integrity of packages

David Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Thu May 23 21:10:34 WST 2002

Hi all,dadaI did most of my debian installation over a modem link.  I got
the basicdasystem installed first, and then connected to ftp.uwa.edu.au
todadownload the rest over my 56kbps modem over a period of three or dafour
nights. dadaHowever, my ISP sometimes kicked me off at various points during
thedadownload (because I'd been on for more than 2 hours) and
subsequentlydaI am not sure whether the packages were downloaded properly.
dadaIs apt-get smart enough to figure out that a given .deb package
isdaincomplete and either download from where it left off or at
leastdare-download that package?dadaI am trying to figure out how to check
the integrity of the packagesdaon my system - ideally to get the system to
check all of them - ratherdathan having to specify each package
one-at-a-time, and ideally todathen download whatever it needs to to fix the
corrupt/incomplete dapackages.  I've been reading through the man pages for
apt-get anddaapt-cache but to no avail so far.dadaAny help hugely
appreciateddadathanks heaps in advancedadaDavid Buddrige