[plug] Pdf writer for Linux

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Tue May 28 14:07:28 WST 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002 13:47, Richard wrote:
> I just got a pdf file by email (an application form) and was wondering
> if anybody knows of an application for Linux that can edit pdf files. I
> know there are some that can save a file to pdf format, but I was
> thinking more in terms of editing existing pdf documents. I know Acrobat
> allows you to 'fill in' a pdf form, and I have looked at xpdf and the
> ps-pdf viewer that came with Mandrake8.2, but these can't edit existing
> pdf's. I have checked out freshmeat, but most of the apps there seem to
> be focused on generating pdf documents from xml etc. I was just looking
> for a general pdf editor.

1. pdf2ps
2. Open ps file in Open/StarOffice
3. Edit.
4. Save in ps format
5. ps2pdf
6. Invite friends.  Have party.

That works for me.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

She just came in, pounced around this thing with me for a few years, enjoyed
herself, gave it a sort of beautiful quality and left.  Excited a few men
in the meantime.
		-- Patrick Macnee, reminiscing on Diana Rigg's
		   involvement in "The Avengers".