[plug] High CPU usage in mandrake 8.1

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Thu May 30 20:19:09 WST 2002

Thanks for the replies.
I found an article on the web describing how kapm-idled is just an "idle"
process which runs when the cpu is not being used for applications.  It does
what Craig said about assisting in power saving.
As soon as I started some applications (i.e galeon, evolution etc.. ) my cpu
usage dropped to normal amounts.

Phil