FW: [plug] Keyboard locks up

Buddrige, David BuddrigeD at logica.com
Fri May 31 10:03:52 WST 2002

Hi all,

I got it working!  I did this, by adding the line:

KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"

to the top of the

/etc/sysconfig/keyboard

file, and then running init 1, followed by init 3.

Previously the /etc/sysconfig/keyboard file only had the line:

KEYTABLE="us"

I therefore edited this file so that it read:

KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
KEYTABLE="us"

And then ran init 1, followed by init 3 and it worked.

I think the reason that this worked, is that when I was updating this file,
to add KEYBOARDTYPE="pc" to it before, I was straight away running init 3.
However, I suspect that the synch command might not have been running in
run-level 1, and so when I updated the /etc/sysconfig/keyboard file, it was
not being written to disk, hence the added line was lost, and hence it hung
up again.

thanks

David Buddrige. 8-)