[plug] ftp problem

Carl Gherardi C.Gherardi at curtin.edu.au
Wed Nov 13 10:32:36 WST 2002

I've had this problem.

It is possible to configure an ftp server to only communicate using only one
or the other, mostly due to various exploits available using both active and
passive modes. To the best of my knowledge windows boxen all use active mode
unless configured otherwise.

Otherwise it's a firewall issue

Hope that helps

Carl