[plug] adsl opinions

Martin marty at supine.com
Wed Nov 13 20:05:01 WST 2002

$author = "nicol" ;

> My limited experience with optus is thus:  Their 2Mbs/512Kbs service is
> blindingly fast.  I was at a clients, swapping over from t$ to optus, and
> there was an Optus/XYZ technician there. (I don't quite understand who XYZ
> are, but they seem to be optus.  The adsl modems have XYZ on them).

XYZ was an Optus subsiduary who was established to build an alternative to
Telstra in ?DSL (ie. install DSLAMs in exchanges, provide tails back to
resellers router. similar to what RequestDSL is doing) but was absorbed back
into the mothership for corporate branding purposes...

marty

--
So stay tonight. Quietly. Half awake. But half asleep.
There's no one home. No one's here. So quietly.

"Something New" - Art of Fighting