[plug] Open Source and Communism (Ayn Rand is a nut)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Nov 18 11:07:33 WST 2002

On Sunday 17 November 2002 09:05 pm, Chris Caston wrote:
> I also never viewed China and the Soviet Union as communist countries as
> a communist revolution is where the workers are supposed to take power
> yet there weren't many workers at the times of these revolutions just
> peasants.

And of course, who bothers themselves about _peasants_? (-:

The Bolshevik revolution was driven from outside. Follow the money.

Much to Ms Rand's disgust, true Communism is only likely to work if the
majority of participants are altruists, or at least deeply committed to
fairness. However, given that as a foundation, any policical system at all
will work. From this, may we deduce that the purpose of politics is an
antidote to human nature? (-:

Cheers; Leon