Fetchmail - was PINE - was Re: [plug] Linux.Conf.Au Update.

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Nov 21 17:08:20 WST 2002

Bret Busby wrote:

> With the 30MB of messages, the workaround that I had to use, in the end,
> was two-tiered; to download from the ISP to our mail server, the mailbox
> at the ISP had to be split into blocks, for downloading separately, as
> the same thing happened in trying to retrieve the mail from the ISP;
> fetchmail could not cope with the volume, and did not flush; it copies,
> and then flushes when the download is complete, so multiple copies were
> downloaded from the ISP, until the volume was split (I think, into about
> 5MB blocks).

Checkout the expunge setting in fetchmail.
I have mine set at 3 here as we get a lot of big cad drawings and when the
ISP hangs up on us it used to give us heaps of duplicated mails. With
expunge set to three I get at most 3 duplicates, and in practice have not
had a duplicated mail since I set it up.

--
Brad....
                   /"\