[plug] Has anyone else seen a flurry of Windows probes recently?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Nov 26 00:32:16 WST 2002

Hi there to all,

In regard to the UDP attempts on port 137 - here is what the folks at the
Zonealarm web site say about it - goto :

http://fwalerts.zonelabs.com/fwanalyze.jsp?record=ZLN21531544950322-1025/4c5
5ff0f1b8494dd101d22&tab=overview

If you know of any Windows users who use the Internet and do not have
firewall protection on their PC - tell them that Zonealarm is available free
for private use and it is a very effective and easy to use form of
protection, there are also online tutorials and lots of help available.

Current version is 3.1.395 and is available from :

http://download.com.com/3000-2092-10039884.html?part=zonealarm&subj=dlpage&t
ag=button

File size is approx 3.6 Mb

At 10:10 AM 25-11-2002 +0800, you wrote:
>Just in the last week or so, some of my servers have been seeing a flurry of
>probes to UDP port 137 (one server got up to 3-4 probes per IP per minute on
>Friday), and I was wondering:
>
> * Has anyone else seen similar?
>
> * Is there a specific cause (e.g. new Windows virus) that I can safely
>   attribute it to?
>
>Cheers; Leon

Regards Arie