[plug] Installing new hardware the 'Debian' way.

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Tue Nov 26 21:39:54 WST 2002

I found that I did have the auto ethx entries in already.  After a bit
of messing around, I decided to put the two entries into /etc/modules.
And Voila!  It all works.  I'm still confused about the alias entries in
/etc/modutils/aliases, especially about the system entered "alias eth0
off".  Do aliases not work under Debian in the same way as other
distro's?

Thanks Anthony and Craig.