[plug] Installing new hardware the 'Debian' way.

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Nov 27 14:34:50 WST 2002

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 21:39, Alan Graham wrote:
> I found that I did have the auto ethx entries in already.  After a bit
> of messing around, I decided to put the two entries into /etc/modules.
> And Voila!  It all works.  I'm still confused about the alias entries in
> /etc/modutils/aliases, especially about the system entered "alias eth0
> off".  Do aliases not work under Debian in the same way as other
> distro's?

Am I the only one who just runs modconf and uses the ncurses "gui" to add &
configure modules under Debian? (Yes, I have manually edited /etc/modules
before...)

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |