[plug] AMD Monster Server

Grahame Bowland grahame at azale.net
Sat Oct 12 04:25:15 WST 2002

On Thursday 10 October 2002 17:32, Brad Campbell wrote:
> Also, any gotchas with the AMI Megaraid cards and setup of?
> I can't remove the raid card or drives from the machine they
> are in until the weekend I cut the whole thing over, so it
> would be nice to know in advance that whan I plug it in it
> might actually work :p)

You can get a software package from Dell for the megaraid cards, that is
capable of talking to the device through the standard linux driver and
running consistency checks / emailing you if a drive goes down. I can't
remember where exactly to get it now - it didn't take much to make it work on
Debian.

I think the program to talk to the RAID is free as in beer, the actual kernel
driver is GPL and just allows a mailbox format to be used by userland to
communicate with the card.

-grahame