[plug] XTerm Defaults...

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Oct 15 11:40:51 WST 2002

> On related topics, what do people use instead of the standard X-Term, and
why?
> I do prefer a terminal which supports Antialiased fonts...

I like gnome-terminal ... it just works and you can save all its defaults.
Although as discovered yesterday, rxvt is the only one that would *easily*
honour ANSI line art from a SCO box using vt220.  As Russell pointed out
though, gnome-terminal does a few odd things when you play with larger
fonts.

I think it was powershell I played with a few days ago and on the surface it
all seemed good, not sure how well it goes with fonts and terminal
compatibility, but it all clicked well.  Has tabbed windows and such.

> > I do prefer a terminal which supports Antialiased fonts...
>
> For terminals that use fixed width fonts, I can't see the point.

<OT CLASS=CRUDE>
Maybe some people use fonts like these in their xterms:
http://www.identifont.com/show?4QU  >:)

I was just looking for a particular font for a totally unrelated purpose and
found that one.  If you are looking at a couple of the pictures and thinking
"is that? ..." then look at some of the highlights of that font here:

**** WARNING: PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT THIS IF YOU ARE NOT IN A CRUDE MOOD! ****
  http://www.myfonts.com/Testdrive?id=81049&s=PRSTUVXY&p=72&submit=Display

That's a shall we say ... 'interesting' font.
</OT>

Ryan