linux.alt.hardware (was Re: [plug] X-Mas present)

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Oct 19 11:29:24 WST 2002

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:45:50 +0800 (WST) Matt Kemner <zombie at penguincare.com.au> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, quoth Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima:
>
> > Pick Me!  I've already gotten Linux runing on a MIPS box (althoight I think
> > the xbox is mips_sel).  It's my hobby to but linux on non-x86 boxes whenever I
> > can get one :)
>
> Ditto :) but the X-Box is x86 through and through (this is Microsoft,
> remember?) - it's a Celeron 777.  As you said, the hardest part is getting
> the initial install going, after that you can apt-get to your heart's
> content.

On this note, I have an IPX that I was going to 'refurbish' with a mini-ITX board as a firewall but I'm now thinking I'd be nice to use the native hardware.

To do this I need one (or two) sbus ethernet cards. Does anyone have some of these that they don't need ?

cu
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/