[plug] Annoying Mozilla profile "lock"

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 16:22:00 WST 2002

Hi all,

I'm using Mozilla 1.0.1 on Debian potato (actually the
Ximian Gnome version). (Yes I know I should be
upgrading to woody but there's several software
compatibility reasons why I haven't... besides, I'm
lazy :)

I have two icons on the panel, one of which is just
"mozilla" (for the browser) and the other is "mozilla
-mail" (for the mail client).

Now, ever since I upgraded to 1.0 (but not previous
versions), if I click both of the icons at once (well
you know what I mean), one of them - usually the first
one clicked - comes up, but instead of the other one,
it comes up with the Mozilla Profile Manager.

I can't then simply choose "start Mozilla" because it
says the profile is locked. I have to close that
window, and click the icon again.

Previously I could do both at once, go away for a few
seconds and when I came back they would both have
loaded up fine. I'm presuming it's just a setting
somewhere, but it's annoying... the lockfile madness
is one of the reasons I dislike NS4.x :(

Anyone know whereabouts this is set?

TIA
Andrew

=====
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are
quick to anger and have not need for subtlety.

http://careers.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Careers
- 1,000's of jobs waiting online for you!