[plug] Redhat 7.3 install (argh!!!!)

Adrian Blockley a.blockley at poboxes.com
Mon Sep 2 22:10:41 WST 2002

Howdy All,

I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade my work Linux box to Redhat
7.3. All was going fine until it asked me to insert redhat 7.3 cd
number 3. I inserted the disk with the correct number on it (wasn't too
hard there were only 3 disks) and then got an error message telling me
that I have inserted the wrong disk. After many re-inserts and many
rechecks I can confirm that I have inserted the correct disk even
though the install program would like to tell me otherwise. I suspect I
have a bad CD but I am not too sure on how to check this - any hints
anyone?

I suspect that I disturbed the metaphysical balance of my machine after
20 minutes into the upgrade and with only 45 MB of the 1.2 GB left to
go I was thinking if only MS operating systems were such a breeze to
install (sigh...)

Cheers

Age
Adrian  Blockley	 32 Darwinia Loop Canningvale WA, 6155
a.blockley at poboxes.com

Ph: 08 9256 1953
Mobile: 0405 609 990