[plug] PCI or USB ADSL modems

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Tue Sep 10 18:16:52 WST 2002

Has anyone had any luck with PCI or USB ADSL modems (under Linux,
obviously)?  After much looking about, I've found that noone really
wants to support Linux.  This is particularly annoying, since PCI and
USB modems tend to be the less expensive ones.

The Dynalink ALH-110 PCI has a module that works under 2.2.0, 2.1.12/14
and 2.4.2, but won't work under 2.4.19.  Since it's binary, there's no
way to fix it.

This project:

http://eciadsl.sourceforge.net/

looks like is should support the D-Link DSL-200 (USB), but nobody seems
to have tested it with that specific modem.

Other than that, the Speedtouch Home (USB) says that it has Linux
support, but I can't find anyone in Perth who sell them (for a
reasonable price, of course).  I also can't find anyone to confirm that
the drivers work under 2.4.19.

I can't be the only person wondering this... can I?

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Your mouse has moved.  Windows must be
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | restarted for the change to take