[plug] BIOS update for VIA MVP3?

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 14 23:10:20 WST 2002

Ahhh, crossed wires, it's not that it can't read past 8G, it's that unless
the hard drive has the jumper set to "limit to 32G", the bios ca'nt actually
see it, it jsut hangs around a lot doing nothing. :(
I'll havea  bit more of a gander, cheers mate! :)
P.S. I've set up a 20G on a mate's 133, runs with no worries despite the 8G
thing. :)

>Have you reminded him that Linux does not care about 8G or 32G hard disk
>limits? Just thought I'd ask :)
>Secondly this is BIOS stuff, there are *no* guarantees....
>Lastly, looking for a signifying code (eg GA-5VX or AXVX-Lite) and
>Googling has come up trumps plenty of times.
>KTX was handled by Edge, buy they went under a few years ago, so you
>probably can't expect any local support.
>
>Hope this helps somewhat...
>
>Craig F.

Make lunch, not war.