[plug] BIOS update for VIA MVP3?

Adam Davin bladebadger at westnet.com.au
Sun Sep 15 20:18:53 WST 2002

G'day all

John, try this page,

http://www.wimsbios.com/

I've had it help me find manufacturers of boards etc several times.

Also if you can't be bothered waiting around at the bios screen copying down
the strings, let me know I have a utility to report a few bios basics which
I snaffled off the web a few years back.

If anyone else wants a copy I'll stick it up on a web page later.

I have also had the same problems with older m/b's hanging on detect in the
bios for indefinite periods of time with 40gb hd's. But alas was unable to
find a bios update to do it. I did come a cross a link somewhere for a site
that upgrades older bioses for a fee, not sure what the fee is like and I
wasn't really prepared to pay anything significant for an upgrade.

HTH

Adam.