[plug] OOo

Jason Bainbridge jaseone at myrealbox.com
Thu Sep 19 21:59:13 WST 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:57, James Elliott wrote:
> Hi - I know this is not on the subject of Linux per se, but I am installing
> OOo on both Linux and Windows partitions and have had not problems so far
> with Linux and Win98.  However, on Windows XP if I install it when logged
> on as User James, it doesn't show up on the Start menu list of "All
> Programs" when Kylie or Tim log on .... does anyone here know why??
>
> Some programs seem to install over all Users (eg. Norton Anit Virus and
> QuickBooks), but OOo only seems to install under the User who installed it.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> James Elliott

I haven't got a windoze box in front of me but some programs only install into
the users start menu under Documents and Settings/ User/blah/blah... I can't
remember if "All Users" is in the same place or if it's in the windows
directory but that's the directory you want, find the start menu under it and
paste in the shortcuts.

Sorry I'd give more precise instructions but I'm going from memory and I'm
tired...
--
Jason Bainbridge
KDE - Conquer Your Desktop