[plug] OOo

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 19 22:16:57 WST 2002

OO is doing it the sensible way: what happens if one user wants to
install nortons AV, and the next person along McAfee? - disaster!  The
unix philosophy in cases like this is users can only install locally,
root for system wide - much safer and more sensible for multiuser
systems.  Then again, win9x was never sold as a true multi-user system,
but I thought XP was?

windoze bashers can line up here ...

BillK