[plug] Getting linux running ona beige g3 mac

Carl Gherardi Carl.Gherardi at nautronix.com.au
Thu Apr 17 08:26:00 WST 2003

That not right

The Beige G3s can run OS X, they just aren't officially supported. Stuff
like the floppy disk doesn't work.

I kept mine up to date until 10.1.2, and with enough RAM its almost
bearable - I wouldn't recommend running the development or classic apps
though :)

Cheers

Carl

> From: Craig Foster
>

> Yes, the beige G3 does *NOT* have open firmware.
> That's why it can't run MacOS X.
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig Foster
> fostware at iinet.net.au (with SMIME)

My vote for procmail cutoff

--!@#$--

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Nautronix Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this email in error and
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.

Although our computer systems use active virus protection software, and we take
various measures to reduce the risk of viruses being transmitted in e-mail
messages and attachments sent from this company, we cannot guarantee that such
e-mail messages and attachments are free from viruses on receipt.  It is a
condition of our using e-mail to correspond with you, that any and all liability
on our part arising directly or indirectly out of any virus is excluded.
Please ensure that you run virus checking software on all e-mail messages and
attachments before reading them.