[plug] [OT] opinions: SCSI hard disks

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Apr 25 10:38:55 WST 2003

If you look on the IBM web site and look up Linux and benchmarking you
will see their benchmark test using rhl7.3 and their server with all the
details of what they did.  As for drives since I use IBM SCSI drives all
the time, I've yet run into any problems that I keep hearing about on
any of the servers that I've built.  I would recommend that you look at
the 36 or 73GB HDD.  As for the onboard controller, use it only for the
backup (all onboard SCSI controllers are usually (90%) of the time a
strip-down version of the rreal deal.  I tend to buy an separate card
from either IBM or Adaptec for the drives.

Jon

--
Jon Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>
MMT Networks Pty Ltd