[plug] cistron-radius webmin module

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Mon Aug 4 12:09:51 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 10:30, Adam Hewitt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has used the Cistron-Radius Webmin Module? I
> have installed and configured it and I am having two problems. Firstly I
> can't seem to find any section that allows you to specify
> session/timeout limits and concidering the amount of other configuration
> you can change I would be surprised if this wasn't included somewhere,
> but I can't it. Secondly when ever I try and open the config of anything
> or try and add a new user or whatever, I keep getting "Error - File not
> found". I assume that this is because I haven't specified a 'category
> file' or 'category map file', however I cannot find either of these
> files or any information about them...

I don't but I use radiusd-cistro so I just got it and tried it.  After
setting up the correct paths in the module config it loaded up alright.

I get problems with net::list_hosts when i try to add users.  In my
opinion webmin modules should 'just work' once configured, otherwise why
use webmin, it is easier configuring it by hand, so I'm not
investigating that problem any further.

I don't know what those category files it wants are.  Like you I don't
have them and the GNU radius manual makes no mention of them.

WRT the timeouts, there are some 'generic' timeout options provided in
the GNU radius servers which the module doesn't seem to offer, the
majority of timeouts apply to specific accounting dictionaries only and
the module wouldn't dare tackle them I'd suggest, so therefore doesn't
present any such options for those either.

I configure cistron by hand, I only use it on a very basic level for
authentication only, so I'm not conversant with all the options, but I
know a bare-bones module when I see one :)

for the curious and lovers of minimal documentation:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cistronwebmin/

Ryan