[plug] Mandrake Fire wall

Dirk Modrow dirk.modrow at aesltd.com.au
Thu Aug 7 14:56:42 WST 2003

Hi guys, I have been playing with the mandrake firewall Special Security
version and I like it :) nice and auto installing but have found some flaws
and was wondering if anyone could advise me...

1st On install it some values are written in like the gateway address once
it is punched in I cant seem to change it through the menu system (once
rebooted and all is happy) so I thought I would log in as root ... well can
I can use route to change the default and as such alter it but only when
the system is running on reboot it goes back to the  original version :(

2nd I tried to do a backup and alter the gateway in the text file but upon
restoring the file to the system it completely fell over in a screaming
heap upon restore  :( I did use notepad to alter the backup file maybe
thats it but I should think not... Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Dirk