[plug] LookOut! Outlook express is going away :-)

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Aug 14 10:55:45 WST 2003

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,39020369,39115680,00.htm

All I can say is "woohoo." The more recent versions have been more
secure by default, admittedly, but it's still a security nightmare. Not
to mention an MTA admin's nightmare - "winmail.dat" anybody?

Of course, the real problem is "the technology" - Microsoft MimeOLE -
and that won't be going away. So we won't be free of broken MIME
messages from Windows users for a while yet.

Still, if this means more home users with Mozilla, Eudora (not that it's
much better), etc, that can only be a good thing for 'net security and
mail standards.

Craig Ringer