[plug] Java plugin in Mozilla slow....

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 26 18:45:50 WST 2003

In message <3F4B38CB.4040506 at jensz.id.au>
on Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 06:39:07PM +0800, Ben Jensz wrote:
> Hey, nothing wrong with the Procurve web interface.

Sounds like HP's come a long way with its products compared to a couple
of years ago, then.

> I'm doing it no different from what I did under Windows with Mozilla.

Sure *you're* not doing anything different, but you're using software
under a different operating environment (e.g. what if there's a weird
proxy set).

> Well either way, unless it was downloading several meg of data, it
> would've been quick as we're on 1.5Mbit ADSL (the Java for Linux was
> 13Mb and only took a couple of minutes).

Just for comparison, I have some apps that only download less than a MB
of data but take about a minute to do so because it is composed of lots
of little connections (as can also happen with Java Applets).