[plug] Java plugin in Mozilla slow....

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Aug 26 19:00:24 WST 2003

James Devenish wrote:

>Sure *you're* not doing anything different, but you're using software
>under a different operating environment (e.g. what if there's a weird
>proxy set).

Transparent proxy with Squid actually :)

>Just for comparison, I have some apps that only download less than a MB
>of data but take about a minute to do so because it is composed of lots
>of little connections (as can also happen with Java Applets).

But it doesn't happen under Windows with Mozilla.  Only Java installed
is Sun's version, not Microsoft's version that they withdrew.

Even if it was downloading things, surely it would cache it and not
download it every time anyway.  It did eventually load every time, but I
tried it several times and never got any quicker.

It wasn't a network problem as I'm plugged directly into one of them
which is currently sitting in my office about 4 metres from my desk.
Happened with both of the 2524s that we have.

/ Ben