[plug] linux on ibook

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Thu Aug 28 10:13:57 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 09:37, indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 09:25:27AM +0800, Adam Hewitt wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I got myself an ibook about 6 or 7 weeks ago and although originally I
> > was thinking "why would anyone want to install linux in this when OS X
> > is so cool, and you can run X11 with Fink?"...I am beginning to feel
> > myself being slowly drawn to install linux on it, like a fly to a bug
> > zapper...its so mesmorizing...
>

> I'm reminded of the scene in "A Bug's Life" I think it is...
>
> Fly 1> Don't go near the light! Stay away from the light!
>
> Fly 2> But it's soooo beautiful.....
>
> Zap!
>
> ;)
>
> I think the important point is : Have fun, keep backups....
>

> Indy.

And if you haven't seen it yet visit http://www.maconlinux.org/ for a
vmware kind of equivalent (a few subtle differences) the is licensed
under the GPL !!!

I'm looking for a cheap laptop to take notes in lectures and have been
seriously tempted to buy an ibook of ebay just so I can run linux on it
!!!

Feel the power of the force Luke !!!

Michael Hunt