[plug] that Netway Computers board...

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Aug 28 11:45:33 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 10:55, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> Well there is a thermodynamic difference to blowing air onto it and
> sucking it past.

:-)

> Air is a very poor conductor of heat. Whenever possible, the heat
> sinks of the main heat sources should be thermally-connected to the
> exterior using a good conductor; possibly copper.

That would involve actually modifying the board and that is not really
an option - given that I've already had to swap out one modem when Optus
decided that swapping hardware was simpler than providing a firmware
update electronically. (Strangely enough, that's exactly what they do
back at base, but I'm obviously not smart enough to upgrade firmware -
although Optus never said so... :-)

I'm considering puting a thermo-couple in the loop to power off if the
box gets too hot - any comments?

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls, Kununurra, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..