[plug] Compiling C programs using Knoppix

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Aug 30 22:36:38 WST 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:42, J and J Powell wrote:
> So the question is, Can I install Linux on my system and then use
> either Windows or Linux depending on what I need to do?
> And if so how do I go about it?

Short answer: Yes, if you have enough disk space.

Mid-sized answer: back up everything you treasure first, Just In Case,
and use a distribution that allows resizing your Windows partition(s).
If you use Windows NT, 2000 or XP, that will be an NTFS partition.

AFAIK, only Mandrake 9.1 resizes that out of the box but I'm sure
champions of other distributions will hasten to correct me if I'm
wrong. (-:

I have copies of same but am nowhere near the Avon Valley. How often do
you hit the CBD or northern suburbs?

Cheers; Leon