[plug] [OT] big email delays?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Dec 3 17:03:45 WST 2003

> Is your mail server reporting delays delivering to certain addresses at
> all?

Nope; it's only incoming mail that's being delayed. Nobody's reported
delay notifications etc, it just seems to be that some mail is "waiting
in the void". There's nothing in our logs to indicate that we're
bouncing or delaying mail, and all the postmaster box contains is
badly-made spam.

In other words, everything looks dead normal from here - yet we have a
lot of clients reporting that they sent mail hours ago, or even
yesterday, and it hasn't been received. I haven't had any delays or
abnormalities in test messages, our MX looks alright, etc. It's just weird.

*tears at hair*

Craig Ringer